Firefox is a web browser that has been a opensource favorite since its Netscape days. Now, after beating off Internet Explorer only to be over taken by Chrome, the speed difference between it and Chrome is minimal and with the blocking of many trackers in many ways Firefox is ahead of Chrome especially for privacy.
Firefox should already be installed on Kubuntu 20.04 but if for some reason it isn’t then it can be reinstalled by opening Konsole and typing,
sudo apt install firefox
After installation you can find it by searching in the main menu or under Menu/Applications/Internet.
- As June comes to a close, we wanted to share some of our favorite LGBTQ browser themes, so you can celebrate Pride well into the summer and beyond. Gay Pride … Read more The post Celebrate Pride with these colorful browser themes for Firefox appeared first on The Firefox Frontier.
- Firefox Relay is a smart, easy solution that can preserve the privacy of your email address, much like a post office box for your physical address. When a form requires … Read more The post Firefox Relay protects your email address from hackers and spammers appeared first on The Firefox Frontier.
- Helping kids with school work can be challenging in the best of times (“new” math anyone?) let alone during a worldwide pandemic. These Firefox features can help make managing school … Read more The post Firefox features for remote school (that can also be used for just about anything) appeared first on The Firefox Frontier.
- A lot of us are spending more time collaborating on video conferences whether it’s for school, work or personal time. More time on video means a lot more opportunities for … Read more The post We got your back-ground appeared first on The Firefox Frontier.
- Sitting in front of a computer all day (and getting caught up in the never-ending bad news cycle) can be draining. And if you happen to be working from home, … Read more The post Relaxing video series brings serenity to your day appeared first on The Firefox Frontier.
- Distractions tempt us at every turn, from an ever-growing library of Netflix titles to video games (Animal Crossing is my current vice) to all of the other far more tantalizing … Read more The post How to overcome distractions (and be more productive) appeared first on The Firefox Frontier.
- There’s no doubt that during the last couple of weeks you’ve been signing up for new online services like streaming movies and shows, ordering takeout or getting produce delivered to … Read more The post More reasons you can trust Firefox with your passwords appeared first on The Firefox Frontier.
- by Astrid Rivera For the past month or so I’ve been living my life exclusively indoors and online. This new normal means that everything has shifted to a virtual realm … Read more The post Now that my entire life is online, how do I protect my personal data? appeared first on The Firefox Frontier.
- The Picture-in-Picture feature in the Firefox browser makes multitasking with video content easy, no window shuffling necessary. With Picture-in-Picture, you can play a video in a separate, scalable window that … Read more The post Try Firefox Picture-in-Picture for multi-tasking with videos appeared first on The Firefox Frontier.
- As we’re all online more these days, the Firefox browser privacy features have never been more important. For instance, as you’re hopping through different sites searching for pantry recipes or … Read more The post Firefox browser privacy features explained appeared first on The Firefox Frontier.