Firefox is a web browser that has been a opensource favorite since its Netscape days. Now, after beating off Internet Explorer only to be over taken by Chrome, the speed difference between it and Chrome is minimal and with the blocking of many trackers in many ways Firefox is ahead of Chrome especially for privacy.
Firefox should already be installed on Kubuntu 20.04 but if for some reason it isn’t then it can be reinstalled by opening Konsole and typing,
sudo apt install firefox
After installation you can find it by searching in the main menu or under Menu/Applications/Internet.
- In early April, it was reported that there had been a Facebook data leak, raising alarms among Facebook account holders. Half a billion Facebook accounts were impacted. The dataset is … Read more The post You’ve been scraped, the Facebook data leak explained appeared first on The Firefox Frontier.
- These days, smartphones are in just about everyone’s pocket. We use them for entertainment, sending messages, storing notes, taking photos, transferring money and even making the odd phone call. Our … Read more The post Mozilla Explains: SIM swapping appeared first on The Firefox Frontier.
- Every time you visit a website and it seems to remember you, that’s a cookie at work. You might have heard that all cookies are bad, but reality is a … Read more The post Mozilla Explains: Cookies and supercookies appeared first on The Firefox Frontier.
- Eighteen years ago Susie Daly started Renegade Craft as a way to build a community of artists through in-person events. When COVID-19 and the corresponding shutdown put a stop to … Read more The post How one woman founder pivoted her company online while supporting small businesses appeared first on The Firefox Frontier.
- In the fall of 2016, Nandini Jammi co-founded Sleeping Giants to expose for brands how their digital advertisements were showing up on websites that they didn’t intend their marketing efforts … Read more The post How two women are taking on the digital ad industry one brand at a time appeared first on The Firefox […]
- Every time you are on the internet, IP addresses are playing an essential role in the information exchange to help you see the sites you are requesting. Yet, there is … Read more The post Mozilla Explains: What is an IP address? appeared first on The Firefox Frontier.
- After years of brewing beer at home and honing her craft, Briana Brake turned her passion into a profession by starting Spaceway Brewing Company in Rocky Mount, North Carolina. She … Read more The post How one business founder is brewing new ideas for her future after a rough 2020 appeared first on The Firefox […]
- Firefox’s Multiple Picture-in-Picture feature is the gametime assist you need for this month’s big gamesIt has been a year since we were forced to stay home and recreate most of our life experiences with a screen between us. You may think you’ve reached peak … Read more The post Firefox’s Multiple Picture-in-Picture feature is the gametime assist you need for this month’s big games appeared first on The Firefox […]
- Sophia Keys started her ceramics business, Apricity Ceramics, five years ago. But it wasn’t until a global pandemic forced everyone to sign on at home and Screen Time Report Scaries … Read more The post How one woman fired up her online business during the pandemic appeared first on The Firefox Frontier.
- A great swathe of the internet is positive, a place where people come together to collaborate on ideas, discuss news and share moments of levity and sorrow, too. But there’s … Read more The post Firefox B!tch to Boss extension takes the sting out of hostile comments directed at women online appeared first on The […]