KDE neon is my preferred operating system. Not so much a distro as it is the latest stable KDE on an Ubuntu 18.04 long term support base. As I add to it I try and write down what I am doing for the benefit of myself and others. There is also a Perfect Desktop tutorial which benefits from all that writing down and provides a quick and easy way to set up KDE neon if you are a new comer or just in need of a quick reinstall.
- Create, share, communicate, chat and call securely with Riot
- Encrypted messaging on KDE neon with Signal
- FTP with Filezilla
- Tor Browser
- Convert and split large audio files
- Install Clementine to play and manage music
- Watch video with VLC
- Batch convert PDF to JPG
- Change swappiness to use RAM instead of the swapfile
- Downloading websites from the Wayback Machine
- Install the True Type core fonts for better web browsing
- Samba file sharing setup for KDE neon
- Using Nano to edit files
KDE neon logo used with permission under Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International (CC BY-SA 4.0).