Digikam is the KDE equivalent of Picasa, or maybe Shotwell with the ability to handle large collections of video and images. It can also import your pictures, adjust meta data, tags photos, export them to social media and a whole lot more. It even has basic facial recognition.
To install Digikam on Kubuntu 20.04 open Konsole and type,
sudo apt install digikam
Enter your password and answer any questions and Digikam will install. After installation you can find Digikam in the Applications Menu by searching or under Applications/Graphics.
- Dear digiKam fans and users, After this long summer, we are now proud to release digiKam 7.1.0. This maintenance version is a result of a long period of bug-triaging on bugzilla. It introduces plenty of fixes and some features. Check out some of the highlights listed below and discover all the changes in detail. Better […]
- Hot on the heels of the digiKam 7.0.0 release comes a new revision of the digiKam Recipes book. The new version includes Grouping RAW and JPEG files manually can be a real chore. Fortunately, a simple Python script can do this automatically, and the Group RAW and JPEG files with a script chapter provides instructions […]
- Dear digiKam fans and users, Just in time to get you into the holiday spirit, we are now proud to release digiKam 7.0.0 final release today. This version is a result of a long development that started one year ago and in which we have introduced new features and plenty of fixes. Check out some […]
- Dear digiKam fans and users, Just few words to inform the community that 7.0.0 release candidate is out and ready to test two month later the third beta release published in April. After a Covid-19 containement stage at home, this new version come with more than 740 bug-fixes since last stable release 6.4.0 and look […]
- Dear digiKam fans and users, Just few words to inform the community that 7.0.0-beta3 is out and ready to test two month later the second beta release published in February. After a long test stage while this Covid-19 containment, this new version come with more than 670 bug-fixes since last stable release 6.4.0 and look […]
- Dear digiKam fans and users, Just few words to inform the community that 7.0.0-beta2 is out and ready to test one month later the first beta release published at Christmas time. After a long triaging stage, this new version come with more than 600 bug-fixes since last stable release 6.4.0 and look very promising. Nothing […]
- The first revision of the digiKam Recipes book in 2020 is here, and it packs new content. The latest version of digiKam features the Healing Clone tool, and the Remove dust spots and imperfections with the Healing Clone tool part explains how to use this supremely useful feature. Starting with digiKam 6.4, you can use […]
- Dear digiKam fans and users, Just in time to get you into the holiday spirit, we are now proud to release digiKam 7.0.0-beta1 today. This first version start the test stages for next 7.x series planing while next year. Have a look at some of the highlights listed below, to discover all those changes in […]
- The digiKam Team built the Google Photo, Google Drive or another Webservices uploader as a open source app. This SERVICE is provided by the digiKam Team at no cost and is intended for use as is. This page is used to inform website visitors regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of Personal […]
- Another month, another revision of the digiKam Recipes book. This version brings the following new content: The How digiKam works chapter provides an overview of digiKam’s achitecture The Export and import keyboard shortcuts scheme section explains how to export and import customized keyboard shortcuts profiles. All digiKam Recipes readers will receive the updated version of […]