Qt5 version of Clementine
Long a favorite of the Linux community for both its functionality and stability, there are now release candidates for Clementine using Qt5 on Github. This is great as while I have used Lollypop, Amorak, Elisa and various other players on my machine it is Clementine that I have kept coming back to. For those of you who haven't used it before,
Clementine is probably still the best music manager for KDE. Elisa is good but lack functionality. Amarok has grown out of date. Lollypop is fantastic but...hmmmm, I dunno. It just doesn't fit into KDE as well I suppose. Also, Lollypop removed internet radio in it's last update. Clementine though is based on Amarok 1.4 and is focused on a fast and easy-to-use interface for playing music with a huge amount of additional features.
- Search and play your local music library.
- Listen to internet radio from Spotify, Grooveshark, SomaFM, Magnatune, Jamendo, SKY.fm, Digitally Imported, JAZZRADIO.com, Soundcloud, Icecast and Subsonic servers.
- Search and play songs you’ve uploaded to Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, and OneDrive.
- Create smart playlists and dynamic playlists.
- Tabbed playlists, import and export M3U, XSPF, PLS and ASX.
- CUE sheet support.
- Play audio CDs.
- Visualisations from projectM.
- Lyrics and artist biographies and photos.
- Transcode music into MP3, Ogg Vorbis, Ogg Speex, FLAC or AAC.
- Edit tags on MP3 and OGG files, organise your music.
- Fetch missing tags from MusicBrainz.
- Discover and download Podcasts.
- Download missing album cover art from Last.fm and Amazon.
- Cross-platform – works on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- Native desktop notifications .
- Remote control using an Android device, a Wii Remote, MPRIS or the command-line.
- Copy music to your iPod, iPhone, MTP or mass-storage USB player.
- Queue manager.
To install Clementine 1.40rc1on Kubuntu 20.04, open a browser and go to Clementine Player on Github. There you can also find the most recent version of the release candidates. You will need a deb file like clementine_1.4.0.rc1.bionic_amd64.deb. Just click to download the file and then open it with Discover.I am using Version 1.4.0rc1-202-g833f8256c and haven't had any problems with it although I see it has been superseded already.
The current list of installers is.
- clementine-1.4.0-0.rc1.fc29.x86_64.rpm 6.68 MB
- clementine-1.4.0-0.rc1.fc30.x86_64.rpm 6.68 MB
- clementine-1.4.0-0.rc1.fc31.x86_64.rpm 6.53 MB
- clementine-1.4.0rc1.dmg 32.8 MB
- clementine-1.4.0rc1.tar.xz 5.33 MB
- clementine-debuginfo-1.4.0-0.rc1.fc29.x86_64.rpm 44.7 MB
- clementine-debuginfo-1.4.0-0.rc1.fc30.x86_64.rpm 45.8 MB
- clementine-debuginfo-1.4.0-0.rc1.fc31.x86_64.rpm 46.8 MB
- clementine-debugsource-1.4.0-0.rc1.fc29.x86_64.rpm 7.65 MB
- clementine-debugsource-1.4.0-0.rc1.fc30.x86_64.rpm 7.65 MB
- clementine-debugsource-1.4.0-0.rc1.fc31.x86_64.rpm 4.83 MB
- ClementineSetup-1.4.0rc1.exe 55.3 MB
- clementine_1.4.0.rc1.bionic_amd64.deb 5.96 MB
- clementine_1.4.0.rc1.bionic_i386.deb 6.24 MB
- clementine_1.4.0.rc1.buster_amd64.deb 6.12 MB
- clementine_1.4.0.rc1.disco_amd64.deb 5.97 MB
- clementine_1.4.0.rc1.disco_i386.deb 6.25 MB
- clementine_1.4.0.rc1.eoan_amd64.deb 6.03 MB
- clementine_1.4.0.rc1.eoan_i386.deb 6.32 MB
- clementine_1.4.0.rc1.stretch_amd64.deb 6.13 MB
Help them out and use it. Do some debugging and submit bugs. It's a great program and I am glad it still has so much support.