Filezilla is one of the best File Transfer Protocol (FTP) programs around and is so popular that many hosting sites give step by step instructions on how to use it to access them. There is also a site manager so it is easy to setup and save multiple servers for quick access.
To install Filezilla on Kubuntu 20.04 open up Konsole and type,
sudo apt install filezilla
After installation it can be found in the Applications Menu under Applications/Internet or by selecting the Applications Menu and typing its name.
- Bugfixes and minor changes:When restoring the main window position at startup, detect if the title bar would become hidden behind taskbars or global menu bars and reposition it appropriately SFTP: Fixed preserving of timestamps on downloads
- Bugfixes and minor changes:FTP: Fixed crash if downloading ASCII files with stray carriage returns Fixed too strict requirements for preallocation *nix: Fixed a memory leak
- Bugfixes and minor changes:macOS: Work around a kernel bug where ftruncate cannot be called more than once on a shared memory object
- Bugfixes and minor changes:macOS: Fix issue opening shared memory objects
- Bugfixes and minor changes:HTTP: Handle multi-token Connection: headers
- Bugfixes and minor changes:macOS: Rebuilt to address a toolchain issue
- Bugfixes and minor changes:Fixed a regression with the rename file exists action on downloads
- New features:Added context menu item in the search dialog to close the search and set the selected directory as the current local/remote directory Bugfixes and minor changes:Minor fixes for updating the HTTP transfer status
- New features:Use asynchronous file readers/writers in the engine Bugfixes and minor changes:MSW: React to system color scheme changes Fixed splitters not being draggable on newly created tabs MSW: Fixed data directory lookup if run from a development environment
- Bugfixes and minor changes:Fixed import of sites protected with a different master password Directory comparison now works correctly with non-default file name sorting settings Small search dialog fixes