Filezilla is one of the best File Transfer Protocol (FTP) programs around and is so popular that many hosting sites give step by step instructions on how to use it to access them. There is also a site manager so it is easy to setup and save multiple servers for quick access.
To install Filezilla on Kubuntu 20.04 open up Konsole and type,
sudo apt install filezilla
After installation it can be found in the Applications Menu under Applications/Internet or by selecting the Applications Menu and typing its name.
- Bugfixes and minor changes:Removed an error message on new installation where there is no sitemanager.xml yet Fixed SOCKS5 proxy support
- Bugfixes and minor changes:HTTP: Handle servers sending early replies
- New features:Require explicit confirmation on FTP servers not supporting TLS session esumption on the data connection Access Grant support for Tardigrade Bugfixes and minor changes:MSW: Fixed handle leak if using SFTP FTP: Fixed cancelling listings on very slow computers with extremely fast network connection Fixed loading of custom FTP proxy setting when opening the settings […]
- Bugfixes and minor changes:When restoring the main window position at startup, detect if the title bar would become hidden behind taskbars or global menu bars and reposition it appropriately SFTP: Fixed preserving of timestamps on downloads
- Bugfixes and minor changes:FTP: Fixed crash if downloading ASCII files with stray carriage returns Fixed too strict requirements for preallocation *nix: Fixed a memory leak
- Bugfixes and minor changes:macOS: Work around a kernel bug where ftruncate cannot be called more than once on a shared memory object
- Bugfixes and minor changes:macOS: Fix issue opening shared memory objects
- Bugfixes and minor changes:HTTP: Handle multi-token Connection: headers
- Bugfixes and minor changes:macOS: Rebuilt to address a toolchain issue
- Bugfixes and minor changes:Fixed a regression with the rename file exists action on downloads